Heirlooms are a leading manufacturer of bespoke bed, table and bathroom linens working with interior designers, property developers, UK and international royalty and superyachts. We are looking for an experienced cutter to join our friendly team in Bognor Regis.
Main purpose of the job:
To accurately and efficiently cut fabrics for machining as bed linen, table linen and bathroom linens
- Machinery Assyst Bulmer cutting machine, cutting knives used are Chickadee and Octra.
- Cutting fabrics in accordance with the cutting schedule for each order.
- Learning and understanding the different fabrics that are used within the business and the shrinkage rates for each to calculate the optimum cutting size per item.
- Based on cutting requirements, calculating optimum way in which to cut fabric to ensure the least fabric wastage.
- Checking fabrics for imperfections during the layering process prior to cutting.
- Operating a fabric stock control system for each item that is cut so raw materials stock is fully up to date.
Experience /Skills required:
- Experience using automated cutting machines e.g. Assyst Bulmer.
- Working on benchmarks to have the right speed and skills to cut efficiently and accurately.
- Attention to detail.
- Precision & accurate record keeping.
- Ability to calculate fabric sizing requirements, layering up, numeracy, prioritising orders.
- Ability to handle valuable fabrics with great care.
- Basic numeracy to calculate sizing requirements.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Full time employees enjoy medical benefits, year end and Christmas bonus's equivalent to 2 weeks salary
- Overtime is often available (at time and a half)
- Generous company pension scheme