PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To complement and support the teachers' delivery of the school curriculum and contribute to the development of students.
Working collaboratively with teachers in managing and encouraging students to become independent learners, supporting their welfare and their emotional and behavioral development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide support for teachers and students in order to raise standards of achievement for all.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
- To work with teachers to plan and prepare lessons and group or individual activities for students.
- To develop and prepare resources for lessons and other activities in line with IEP's and lesson plans.
- To contribute to the planning of opportunities for students to learn in out of school contacts such as educational visits in line with school policies and procedures.
- To support teachers and students in lessons to achieve learning objectives.
- To provide detailed feedback and evaluation on lessons and student participation, achievement and further learning needs.
- To follow My Choice Children's Homes and My Choice School Policies, Procedures and Practices.
- To motivate and engage students learning with interesting and structured learning activities.
- To be familiar with students learning and emotional needs through their IEPs objectives, PEPs and EHCPs.
- To use behavior management strategies, in line with school policy and procedure, to contribute to a purposeful learning environment, ensuring all students are safe, engaged and interacting positively.
- To supervise students at school and on educational visits, ensuring safe environments and practices, both in lesson time and in transition and break-times.
- To recognise and challenge any incidents or racism, bullying, harassment or inappropriate behavior and any form of abuse of equal opportunities ensuring compliance with school policy and procedures.
- To understand and implement school safeguarding procedures and comply with statutory responsibilities.
- To develop and maintain constructive relationships with parent/carers, ensuring the sharing of relevant information and facilitating support for attendance, access to learning and supporting home/school links.
- To contribute to reports and attend meetings, supporting students and representing the school.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Working hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Holiday entitlement: As per school holidays.
Subject to the following criteria being met:
- Evidence of qualifications required, as specified
- Satisfactory formal interview with Head of Education
- Satisfactory second interview with Headteacher
- Satisfactory references
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS and Overseas check
If you wish you can read more about My Choice Children's Homes here