This position is based at the Trust's Aldingbourne Country Centre Café (ACC) in Chichester and is part of the Aldingbourne Country Centre's Hospitality Service.
We are looking for someone with catering experience to join our team at ACC providing hospitality services to visitors, clients and employees at the facility and to carry out the following duties:
- To serve and assist customers in the cafe ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is maintained.
- To operate the tills effectively and account for daily takings.
- To ensure customers are greeted politely and with a warm welcome.
- Provide opportunities for people with learning disabilities to gain skills developing their independence and leading towards employment
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant experience in a Catering Environment.
- Food Hygiene Qualification, being familiar with food safety standards
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide excellent customer care.
- Good team working skills.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment
- A commitment to the principles of people with learning disabilities having human rights, dignity, respect, equality and an emphasis on positive outcomes for people. An understanding of how to develop arrangements that safeguard and protect people from abuse.
- Own transport is essential due to the locations of the sites.
The contractual hours for this post are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Sunday, 5 days in 7 rota - 8.30 - 4.30 or 9.00 - 5.00.