This position is based at the Trust's Durban House Café (DHC) in Bognor Regis and is part of the Aldingbourne Country Centre's Hospitality Service. The Lead in Hospitality Services will have responsibility in planning and leading the front of house, cooking and conference team providing high quality services to employees and sub-contractors of WSCC's Durban House facility and to carry out the following duties:
- Ensure high standards of customer service across all opening times.
- Liaise with the Hospitality Services Manager to identify and monitor costs to ensure agreed financial objectives are met
- Ensure supplies, equipment and work areas conform to required standards and guidelines to maintain 5* Food Standards rating
- Provide opportunities for people with learning disabilities to gain skills developing their independence and leading towards employment
The ideal candidate will have:
- Customer services experience with evidence of successful service development through quality improvements.
- Qualification / ability to cook within a commercial kitchen: NVQ Level 2 in Catering or equivalent qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- A sound working knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Preparation legislation (including HACCP, Food Standards) and the ability to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- An ability to manage yourself and others in terms of your time, admin, planning, personal organisation and practical arrangements.
- A commitment to the principles of people with learning disabilities having human rights, dignity, respect, equality and an emphasis on positive outcomes for people. An understanding of how to develop arrangements that safeguard and protect people from abuse.
- Own transport is essential due to the locations of the sites.
The contractual hours for this post are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (working 5 from 7 days)
Please view the document
Please view the Lead - Durban document